United Faculty of Florida-Florida Atlantic University Chapter
OUR STRENGTH IS IN NUMBERS.
JOIN UNITED FACULTY OF FLORIDA TODAY!
“I consider it important, indeed urgently necessary, for intellectual workers to get together, both to protect their own economic status and, also, generally speaking, to secure their influence in the political field.” –ALBERT EINSTEIN, Charter Member, American Federation of Teachers, Princeton, 1938.
Why join UFF?
- Strengthen the voice of faculty in negotiations;
- Support our lobbying efforts for better higher education funding and academic excellence;
- Receive professional protection by way of a free $1 million professional liability policy;
- Obtain the right to vote in UFF elections and thereby influence UFF bargaining priorities;
- Gain access to a variety of “members only” workshops, events and services, including free life insurance policies and legal representation;
- Receive professional publications and literature about national higher education issues.
Our strength is in numbers. UFF already makes a difference for faculty at FAU, but our collective voice will be stronger with the more members we have. Every new member increases our access to the legal and organizational support that we sometimes need. Please add your voice to ours.
Who can join?
Members of the Bargaining Unit-faculty, librarians, and other professionals at FAU.
How much does it cost?
Membership dues are 1% of the member’s gross salary.
What are the additional benefits of joining other than helping strengthen our cause by uniting with us?
In addition to grievance representation and a $1 million dollar professional liability policy, your membership in UFF also automatically makes you a member of the National Education Association and the American Federation of Teachers, two of the most important national organizations vying for the profession today.
An investment in UFF protects not only your professional career, but enhances your economic well being. In addition to the professional liability insurance, UFF members have access to a variety of money-saving services. Each member accumulates free life and AD & D insurance and can take advantage of other services and programs including, low cost disability insurance, auto and homeowner policies, discount programs, consumer information and free financial planning services. For more on the many benefits available to UFF members visit AFT Plus Member Benefits, or call 1-800-238-1133, ext 8643, and NEA Member Benefits, telephone 1-800-637-4636.
Further, FEA provides an Attorney Referral Service with free consultation sessions and discounted fees for dues-paying UFF members. For a PDF list of participating attorneys in South Florida click here.
A major benefit of membership in UFF is the representation by an experienced UFF grievance representative in cases when your rights have been violated.
As of November 5, 2008, UFF cannot represent you in grievances if you were not a dues-paying union-member at the time a violation of your rights occurred.
What this means is that you cannot wait until “something happens” to join the union.
How do I join UFF?
Please click here for the New Member form. After you have printed out and completed the document please sign and return it to either address below:
School of Communication & Multimedia Studies
Culture and Society Building
Florida Atlantic University
777 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431
PO Box 812211
Boca Raton, FL 33481-2211
The Chapter President will ensure that the original goes to the FAU Personnel/Payroll Deduction Office, one copy goes to the UFF Office in Tallahassee, and one is retained by the Membership Committee.
How can retirees join UFF?
The annual dues for a retiree are $81.00. The NEA/FEA/UFF retired life member amount is $400.00 (NEA: $200; FEA: $100 and UFF $100). In order for you to receive the NEA life membership the member must pay the $400 before retiring from his position.
Next UFF-FAU Bargaining Meetings
Message from the President
- Welcome to 2014!
January 9, 2014 | 10:25 am
January 9, 2014 By Chris Robé Happy New Year! As you emerge from your eggnog stupor and candy yam bloat, your friendly faculty union prepares the way for a better 2014.
- Clarification of Summer Rates
October 28, 2013 | 11:48 pm
October 29, 2013.
- Message From the President
August 27, 2013 | 12:09 pm
August 27, 2013. Defending academic freedom, New bargaining agreement, Addressing disparities in faculty salaries, and more!
- Archive for Message from the President »
- Today's news -- September 30, 2014 September 30, 2014
- Today's news -- September 29. 2014 September 29, 2014
- Today's news -- September 26, 2014 September 26, 2014
- Today's news -- September 25, 2014 September 25, 2014
- Today's news -- September 24, 2014 September 24, 2014
- Today's news -- September 23, 2014 September 23, 2014