All 23 Florida 4-year colleges OK $10K degreesFiled under: Home;
January 29, 2013
MIAMI (AP) — Gov. Rick Scott says all 23 state colleges offering four-year degrees in Florida have accepted his $10,000 tuition challenge.
The Republican governor made the announcement at Miami-Dade College on Monday.
Scott in November challenged the schools to hold tuition to $10,000 for selected four-year degrees. That’s more than $3,000 under the average for the state colleges. They already charge about half as much as Florida’s public universities.
Florida has 28 state and community colleges but five of the schools offer only two-year degrees.
Scott wants the low-cost degrees to be “in fields that will provide the graduates with the best opportunity for employment.”
The governor also has opposed college and university tuition increases. Tuition rates have gone up in recent years due to cuts in state funding.
Next UFF-FAU Bargaining Meetings
Message from the President
- Welcome to 2014!
January 9, 2014 | 10:25 am
January 9, 2014 By Chris Robé Happy New Year! As you emerge from your eggnog stupor and candy yam bloat, your friendly faculty union prepares the way for a better 2014. We will begin bargaining the 2014 contract sometime in February. As a result, we have posted a 2014 bargaining survey at: http://oldleadernet.aft.org/surveymaker/take/survey.cfm?id=6367d3a6-5056-b94b-1199-18f903ea4cd1. The survey […]
- Clarification of Summer Rates
October 28, 2013 | 11:48 pm
October 29, 2013.
- Message From the President
August 27, 2013 | 12:09 pm
August 27, 2013. Defending academic freedom, New bargaining agreement, Addressing disparities in faculty salaries, and more!
- Archive for Message from the President »
- Today's news -- September 19, 2014 September 19, 2014
- Today's news -- September 18, 2014 September 18, 2014
- Today's news -- September 17, 2014 September 17, 2014
- Today's news -- September 16, 2014 September 16, 2014
- Today's news -- September 15, 2014 September 15, 2014
- Today's news -- September 12, 2014 September 12, 2014