UFF-FSU Support for Dr. Deandre PooleFiled under: Archives;
April 10, 2013. Florida State UFF resolution to defend academic freedom
The UFF-FSU Executive Council at its April 8th meeting passed the following resolution:
The UFF-FSU Executive Council stands with our sister chapter, UFF-FAU, and FAU instructor Dr. Deandre Poole in their defense of academic freedom. Academic freedom is at the heart of academic excellence, the advancement of knowledge, the pursuit of truth and tolerance, the integrity of the university, and the foundation of democratic discourse and must be protected.
Posted on behalf of UFF-FSU President Jennifer Proffitt
Membership Meeting and Election:
- Friday Mar 27, 11:30 - 1:30 pm - Majestic Palm Room, Student Activity Center
- Mar. 31st (Tuesday) at 9:30 am - Provost Conference Room.
Executive Committee Meetings:
- Friday Feb 20, 12 - 2 pm - BU207
- Friday Mar 20, 12 - 2 pm (if needed) - BU207
- Friday Apr 24, 12 - 2 pm - BU207