United Faculty of Florida-Florida Atlantic University Chapter
June 26, 2012. Carnegie Corporation Calls for Renewed Commitment in Higher Education
June 22, 2012. At present over 75% of faculty members and instructors in degree-granting two-and four-year institutions of higher education in the US were employed in non-tenure track contingent positions. Download the full study here!
June 21, 2012. At $46,071 SUS of Florida also has lowest per completion degree rate in country, Rating applies to four-year and two-year institutions
June 14, 2012. Without the increase FAU administrators say they will cut 75 faculty positions, 9 advisers and up to 500 course sections, crowding classrooms and leaving students with fewer options.
June 12, 2012. “The question is, is that sustainable? Are we going to continue to make up (the difference) on the backs of students? Fifteen percent is a tough ask.”
June 5, 2012. Group anticipates June 19th BOT agenda will include consideration of Fort Lauderdale campus’ fate
May 23, 2012. MJ Saunders pulls down a paltry $381,161 annual salary as FAU’s president, well below Florida average of $510,000
May16Filed under: Home; Tagged as: Abdol Moabery, administrative accountability, Angela Graham-West, Anthony Barbar, Charlie Crist, corporate university, David Feder, FAU, FAU Board of Trustees, Florida Atlantic University, Florida legislature, higher education, Jeffrey Feingold, Julius Teske, Mary Jane Saunders, Paul Tanner, Rick Scott, Robert Rubin, Robert Stilley, Sheridan Plymale, Thomas Workman Jr.
May 16, 2012. University Press publishes revealing exposé on Florida Atlantic University’s Board of Trustees, “[H]alf the board members have bankruptcy filings, foreclosures, or other financial problems in their past.”
May 16, 2012. UFF-FAU President points out that by signing a mid-year revised notice of appointment you waive your rights under the CBA
May 8, 2012. Eleven articles agreed to with at most minimal changes, Next Bargaining Session May 14 will address parental leave and gender equity, Post-tenure review
Membership Meeting and Election:
- Friday Mar 27, 11:30 - 1:30 pm - Majestic Palm Room, Student Activity Center
- Mar. 31st (Tuesday) at 9:30 am - Provost Conference Room.
Executive Committee Meetings:
- Friday Feb 20, 12 - 2 pm - BU207
- Friday Mar 20, 12 - 2 pm (if needed) - BU207
- Friday Apr 24, 12 - 2 pm - BU207
Become a Member
Message from the President
- Today's news -- February 27, 2015 February 27, 2015
- Today's news -- February 26, 2015 February 26, 2015
- Today's news -- February 25, 2015 February 25, 2015
- Today's news -- February 24, 2015 February 24, 2015
- Today's news -- February 23, 2015 February 23, 2015
- Today's news -- February 20, 2015 February 20, 2015